ALLAMA IQBAL OPEN UNIVERSITY - ISLAMABAD
Level: BA Semester: Autumn 2011
Paper: Advertising and Sales Promotion (Code 439) Maximum marks: 100
Time allowed: 3 Hours Pass marks: 40
Note: - ATTEMPT FIVE QUESTIONS. ALL CARRY EQUAL MARKS.
QUESTION NO 8 IS COMPULSORY
Q.No.1 “The basic objective of promotional media is to generate sales”. Explain how AIDA principle facilitate the achievement of the sales objective? 20
Q.No.2 What are the advantages disadvantages of “Sales Promotion”? Do you agree and disagree that sales promotion should be used or not. Explain 20
Q.No.3 Explain Dermot’s Christopher and Cowell view points about the concept and practice of sales, in developed countries and developing countries. 20
Q.No.4 Discuss “Direct Mail”. Is direct mail application effective in Pakistan? Give suggestions to improve its effectiveness in Pakistan. 20
Q.No.5 Define the New product “hard” and “soft” launch, anti list promotional objectives under both types of 1aunches 20
Q.No.6 List the medium that fall under the category of miss media. Compare and contrast of effectiveness of TV and Radio as mass media. 20
Q.No.7 Select any service organization and explain the steps involved in planning and implementing of promotional campaign 20
(A) Following statement are true or false. 20
(1) Sales promotion methods are frequently designed for popular Fashion. T/F
(2) Timely planning is not so essential as to enable various options to be considered. T/F
(3) The changes in the below lime activities ought to meet both new and old customers requirement T/F
(4) Role of sales promotion in the marketing mix is due to some requisite changes. T/F
(5) Four decades ago, there was no agreement as to separate sales promotion functions. T/F
(B) Fill in the Blanks.
(1) In advertising and sales promotion, the strategy means…………..
(2) Hard launching signifies that from the start of the company, it has created a strong image among the………….
(3) Rapid product differentiation through promotion is important to enable the…….. to beat off competitors attack.
(4) In 1985 and 1986……………launched a new live of fruit drinks to create a product image of freshness & purity
(5) A hard launch strategy is usually costly, but it does help to create awareness among………………
© 2014 Design by w3layouts