Chemistry Subjective Group 1 Inter Part 2 Past Paper 2014 Lahore Board
Inter Part 2 Lahore Board 2014
Chemistry Paper II Essay Type
Time: 3.10 Hours Marks: 83
Write short answers to any EIGHT (8) questions.
- Why the oxidation state of noble gases is usually zero?
- Why metallic character increases from top to bottom in a group of metals?
- Why lime is added to acidic soil?
- Why is CO2 a gas at room temperature while Si02 is a solid?
- Write four uses of sodium silicate.
- Write the reactions of boric acid with
- Ethyl alcohol (ii) NaOH
- P205 is a powerful dehydrating agent. Give two examples.
- Write two dissimilarities of oxygen and Sulphur.
- Write any four uses of nitric acid.
- Write any four applications of noble gases.
- Write the reaction of NaOH with Cℓ2 in cold state.
- Why HF is a weaker acid than other halogen acids?
Write short answers to any EIGHT (8) questions
- Why does damaged tin plated iron get rusted quickly?
- What are Chelates? Give an example.
- Differentiate betWeen homocyclic and hetrocyclic compound.
- Define functional group isomerism and give an example.
- Alkanes are less reactive than alkenes. Comment.
- Ethene can be converted into ethyl alcohol. Write equation
- Write down four uses of formaldehyde.
- Write the names of those weak oxidizing agents. which can oxidize aldehyde but not the ketone.
- How iodoform is prepared from acetaldehyde and ethyl alcohol?
- Define saponification number and iodine number.
- What are carbohydrates? Why are they called so?
- Give the difference between DNA and RNA.
Write short answers to any SIX (6) questions
- Write down the resonance structures of benzene.
- What is the nature of C-Mg bond in R-Mg-X?
- Give any four uses of methyl alcohol.
- How does phenol react with alkali?
- What are fertilizers?
- Name the essential constituents of cement.
- Why wet cleaning is done in paper manufacture?
- What are the secondary pollutants?
- How the gases in the atmosphere absorb?
Note Attempt any THREE questions.
(a) What are halides? Classify them on the basis of nature of bonding. Describe covalent halides in detail.
(b) Describe the commercial preparation of sodium by Down’s cell. What are advantages of this process?
(a) What is orbital hybridization? Explain Sp’ mode of hybridization of carbon.
(b) Write a note on β-elimination reaction.
(a) How will you distinguish ethane, ethene and ethyne.
(b) Convert acetic acid into
(i) Methane. (ii) Acetyl chloride.
(a) What are Friedel-Crafts reactions? Explain mechanisms of alkylation and acylation of benzene.
(b) Write two methods for the preparation of phenol. How does phenol react with
(a) Con. HNO, (b) Bromine water.
(a) KMn0 acts as an oxidizing agent. Give four reactions in support of your answer.
(b) Name the components of environment. Give approximate composition of atmosphere and lithosphere.