English Objective Group 1 Inter Part 2 Past Paper 2014 Lahore Board
Inter Part 2 Lahore Board 2014
English Compulsory Paper II Objective Type
Time: 30 Minutes Marks: 20
Note: Four possible, answers A, B, C and D to each question are given. The choice which you think is correct, fill that circle in front of that question with Marker or Pen ink. Cutting or filling two or more circles will result in zero mark in that question.
Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book II (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part 1:
- Nervous habits are not easy to uproo
(A) get rid of (B) Nurture (C) Appreciated (D) Rejected
- The Manager thought that I was a detective.
(A) Manager (B) Baron (C) Spy (D) Millionaire
The pedestrian was only a tramp.
(A) Vagabond (B) Watchman (C) Volunteer (ID) Guard
Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from Book II ( Modern Prose and Heroes ) Part 2:
- Christopher felt that he was going to collapse.
(A) Faint (B) Sleep (C) Enjoy (D) Arrest
- They evacuated the important Baghdad Railway.
(A) Vacate (B) Occupied (C) Observed (D) Checked
- Virulent germs spread diseases.
(A) Violent (B) Fatal (C) Sleepy (D) Weak
Choose the correct option of the following under-lined words from the novel Goodbye Mr. Chips:
- Chips began a faint and palpitating
(A) Sweet (B) Loud (C) Singing (D) Trembling
- Chips recounted the event many times.
(A) Accept (B) Refute (C) Reject (D) Tell
- Chips remained ragged at Melbury.
(A) Happy (B) Sorrowful (C) Anxious and tired (D) Fat
- Ralston was pontifical.
(A) Docile (B) Submissive (C) Confident (D) Coward
Choose the correct option of appropriate prepositions
- No one can part her ……… her husband.
(A) With (B) Tto (C) From (D) In
- Rabia takes pride …………. her beauty.
(A) On (B) Of (C) For (D) In
- Can you rely………. me in this matter?
(A) In (B) At (C) To (D) On
- He is ignorant……..his demerits.
(A) In (B) Of (C) To (D) On
- He presided…..the meeting.
(A) Over (B) On (C) To (D) In
Four options A, B, C and D are given at the end of every sentence. Only one of them is correct. Choose the correct option
- He knows to drive a car.
(A) He knows drive a car. (B) He knows how to drive a car. (C) He knows to drive in a car. (D) He knows driving the car.
- She is taller of the two.
(A) She is taller than the two. (B) She is the taller of the two. (C) She is the tallest of the two. (D) She is the taller than the two.
- The matter is between he and I.
(A) The matter is between him and I. (B) The matter is between he and me. (C) The matter is between him and mine. (D) The matter is between him and me.
- He said that he loved with Salma.
(A) He said that he loves with Salma. (B) lie said that he loved Salma, (C) He said that he love Salma. (D) I le said that he love with Salma.
- She has taken the examination two days ago.
(A) She took the examination two days ago. (B) She had taken the examination two days ago. (C) She have taken the examination two days ago. (D) She has took the examination two days ago.