English Subjective Group 2 Inter Part 2 Past Paper 2014 Lahore Board
Inter Part 2 Lahore Board 2014
English (Compulsory) Paper II Essay Type
Time: 2.30 Hours Marks: 80
Write short answers to any SIX (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book 2 (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part 1
- Why is there life on earth?
- How has scientific method helped us in our fight against diseases?
- Which are the two main classes of boys who fail in college?
- Daiches liked holidays for their freedom-freedom for what?
- What sorts of books were presented by the British public to soldiers?
- Describe the writer’s visit to the medical man.
- What other blunders did Leacock commit after leaving the manager’s room?
- Who was Chou En Lai?
- What is the real hunger?
Write short answers to any SIX (in 3-5 lines) questions from Book 2 (Modern Prose and Heroes) Part 2
- Who was Metchnikoff and what did he discover?
- How did Christopher develop interest for crossing the Sahara?
- How did children look in Ghardaia?
- Was Fleming proud of his discovery?
- What was the most difficult and dangerous stage of the journey faced by Christopher?
- What is Hydrophobia or Rabies?
- Why did Pasteur forget his wedding ceremony?
- What was announced in the first meeting of the Grand
- National Assembly met at Ankara?
Write short answers to any EIGHT (in 3-5 lines) questions from the Novel Goodbye Mr. Chips
- What kind of novel is “Goodbye Mr. Chips”?
- Write a short note on Brookfield.
- Who was Mrs. Wicket?
- How did Katherine change Mr. Chips?
- When did Mr. Chips recall his memories?
- Was Ralston a popular personality?
- Who was Mrs. Brool?
- When did Mr. Chips fell ill?
- What was the request of Chatteris to Mr. Chips?
- What were Chips’ feelings on the death of Katherine?
- What did Mr. Chips do when the bell rang for call over?
- What kind of thought came into Mr. Chips’ mind?
Write an essay (300-400 words) on any ONE of the following topics
(i) Use and Abuse of Mobile Phones. (ii) Pleasures of College Life. (iii) A Birthday Ceremony (iv) Destruction of a Flood.
Use any FIVE of the following idioms phrases in sentences of your own
Play truant, Smell a rat, A narrow escape, Maiden speech, Break out, Come by, Fall off, Turn up.
Translate the following passage into English
Note Candidates whose medium of examination is English will write a paragraph on Computer”.