Interesting Facts about Computers
Interesting Facts about Computers and Internet
- Only 8% of the world’s currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers.
- 40-55% of all Wikipedia vandalism is caught by a single computer program with 90% accuracy
- In 1936, the Russians made a computer that ran on water.
- S. chose 00000000 as the password for its computer controls of nuclear tipped missiles for eight years
- CAPTCHA is an acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”
- The first actual computer “bug” was a dead moth which was stuck in a Harvard Mark II computer in 1947
- The first computer mouse, constructed in 1964, was made out of wood.
- The first electro-mechanical computer was developed in 1939
- 20% of online viruses are released by organized crime units
- The majority of computer users blink 7 times per minute at most, compared to the normal blink rate of 20 blinks per minute.
- Email was invented before the web; which means that it has been around longer
- The home of Bill Gates was designed with the use of a Macintosh Computer.
- On eBay, there is an average of $680 worth of transactions every second
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet and 4 billion of them use a mobile phone. Only 3.5 billion of them use a toothbrush.
- While it took the radio 38 years and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20
- Another name for a Microsoft Windows tutorial is ‘Crash Course’
- The group of 12 engineers who designed IBM PC was called as “The Dirty Dozen”
- Sweden is a country with the highest percentage of internet users 75%
- Computer circuitry can be destroyed by static electricity; it is so mild for humans that they don’t even feel it.
- 160 billion emails are sent daily, 97% of which are spam
- On an average work day, a typist’s fingers travel 12.6 miles
- 28% of IT professionals hide their career from friends and family to get out of giving free tech support
Tags Interesting Facts about Computers