Past Paper Punjab University 2010 BSC Zoology Paper C Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper C 2010 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper C 2010 Past Paper.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB 2010
Subject: Zoology (BSC)
Time: 3 Hrs Paper: C
Question # 1
Encircle the correct one:
1) Normally the resting-membrane-potential
a) 30 mV b) 50 mV c) 70 mV d) 80 mV
2) When skeletal muscles contract, they shorten, we say that
a) They only pull b) They only push c) Both a + b d) None
3) Hypodermis consists of
a) Nerve endings b) Adipose tissue c) Loose connective tissue d) All
4) It is the long, coiled, sensory structure of the inner ear in mammals and contains sensory receptors.
a) Auditory canal b) Stapes c) Cochlea d) None
5) The sponges do not have.
a) neurons b) neurosensory cells c) endocrine glands d) all
6) Which one has a larger cerebrum.
a) Alligator b) cat c) frog d) chicken
7) It is a hormone that initiates milk production by mammary glands.
a) GH b) TSH c) FSH d) PRL
8) DUGESIA belongs to the group
a) Flatworms b) Rotifers c) Nematodes d) Echinoderms
9) it is the site of B-cell maturation in birds.
a) Lymph nodes b) Spleen c) Shymus d) Bursa of Fabricus
10) Evolution of vertebrate lung is closely related with the evolution of
a) Brain b) Swim bladder c) Skin d) skull
11) It is a component of about 70 enzymes, needed for wound-healing and fertilization.
a) Zinc b) Manganese c) Copper d) Cobalt
12) Regarding thermoregulation, animals are called.
a) Thermoconformers b) Homeothettns c) Ectotherms d) All
13) Most groups of animals probably evolved in the.
a) Sea b) Pond c) River d) Mud
14) These were the first vertebrates to invade the land.
a) Reptiles b) Amphibians c) Birds d) Mammals
15) It is the mixed nerve concerned with speech and swallowing
a) Vagus b) Facial c) Oculomotord d) Trochlear
16) Chemical messengers are involved in.
a) Communication b) Homeostasis c) Resporises d) All
17) It is a part of outline of nutrition and digestion.
a) Micronutrients b) Herbivory c) Rumens d) All
18) It is not part of a bone.
a) Lacuna b) Spongy bone c) Ileum d) Compact bone
19) The first sign that gastrulation is beginning, is the formation of
a) Gray cresent b) Groove c) Vegetal region d) Yolk plug
20) The embryos of reptiles, birds, mammals require adaptation for long developmental periods in the environment.
a) Terrestrial b) Aquatic c) Aryl d) None
Question # 2
Fill in the blanks.
1) In insect, the tracheae open to the out side through ……….
2) The concept that the gametes contain miniaturized versions of all the elements present in the adult is called ……….
3) In ….. synapse, two cells communicate by means of a chemical agent, the neutotransmittcr.
4) The eyes of some amphibians (e.g. anurans, salamanders) are close together on.the front of the head and provide the …….. vision.
5) Associated with each X-ORGAN is a sinus gland that accumulates and releases the secretions of …….
6) The target area of the hormone GASTRIN is stomach …….
7) The coelornic fluid, hemolymph. or blood of most animals contains circulating cells called Blood cells or …….
8) The incomplete separation of the ventricle is an important adaptation for …….
9) The functional units of lungs are ……..
10) The major dietary source of energy for heterotrophs is complex ……
11) The average caloric value of macronutrient lipid is ……. calories per gram.
12) Vitamin ……. is stored in liver and is needed for blood clotting.
13) The ……. intestine is much longer in mammals than in birds.
14) The enzyme …… of pancreatic juice digests nutleic acids into micronucleotides.
15) Animals in hot climates, such as Jackrabbits, have mechanisms, e.g. large …….. to rid the body of excess heat.
16) Some animals like bears, opossums, and racoon, enter a state of ……… in the winter.
17) The environmental Concentration relative to body fluids in salt-water fishes is ……..
18) Reptiles, birds and mammals, all possess ………..
19) Some desert rats and have mice have urine more than … times as concentrated as their blood plasma
20) The dual sexuality (hermaphroditism) is sometimes called the …….. condition.
Question # 3
Identify the diagram , Label the indicated parts
Question # 4
Describe NervoUs system in crustaceans. Give diagrams.
Question # 5
Discuss locomotion of soft-bodied invertebrates.
Question # 6
Write note on chemical messengers.
Question # 7
Describe hormones along with their functions of HYPOTHALAMUS.
Question # 8
Write a note on heat gains and losses in animals.
(Attempt any ONE question)
Question # 9
Give an account of vertebrate Red, and white, blood cells. Give necessary diagrams.
Question # 10
Discuss Amphibian embryology. Give necessary diagrams.