Past Paper Punjab University 2011 BSC Zoology Paper A Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper A 2011 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper A 2011 Past Paper.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB 2011
Subject: Zoology (BSC)
Time: 3 Hrs Paper: A
Question # 1
Make True and False Statement:
1) The Atomic number of an element is the number of protons in the nucleus of one of its atoms.
2) Removal of a keystone specie would cause the survival of the dependant species.
3) The Sahara and Arabian deserts separate the Ethiopian and Oriental region.
4) Learning produces changes in the behavior of an individual are due to experience.
5) Glycocalyx is the surface carbohydrates portion of proteins and lipids of the cell membrane.
6) Mitosis is division of the nucleus and cytokinesis is division of the cytoplasm.
7) Cilia and Flagella are enlogated appendages on the surface of some cells by which they move.
8) Herpetology is the study of Amphibian.
9) The Ecological niche is a important concepts of community structure.
10) The combination of population genetics with Drawinian evolutionary theory is called Modern synthesis or Neo Drawiniam.
Question # 2
Encircling the Correct one.
1) Ichthyology is the
a) Study of insects b) Study of birds c) Study of fishes d) Study of amphibian
2) Which kind of bond formed between two amino acids.
a) Glycosidic bozid b) Ionic Botid c) Peptide bond d) Hydrogen bond
3) Study of tissue is called.
a) Anatomy b) Morphology c) Histology d) Physiology
4) Acid Hydrolases (enzymes) contain which of the following structure.
a) Mitochondria b) RibosOnies c) Golgi complex d) Lysosomes
5) Last step in the cycle is the dreakdown of
a) Fiimaric Acid b) Citric Acid c) Oxaloacetic Acid Mali Acid
6) Which one of the followings Coenzymes?
a) Pepsin b) ATP c) WAD d) UAG
7) Mitotic apparatus consist of
a) asters b) Spindle c) Cenlriole 0) All of these
8) Who elegantly demonstrated an important aspect of DNA replication?
a) Meselson and Stahl b) Beadle and Taturn c) Wilkin and Franklin d) None of above
9) Theory of Inheritance of act characteristic was given by
a) Darwin b) Lamark c) Malthus d) Wallace
10) In SCID disease, T-Lymphocyte fail to produce and enzyme.
a) Adenosine disphosphate b) Adenosine deaminase c) Arginase d) Furnarase
11) Who announced that the number of chromosomes was usually constant in each cell of organism.
a) W.Flemming b) W.S. Sutton c) Evan Beneden d) F.Schneider
12) The process of locating food resources is called.
a) Foaging behavior b) Social behavior c) Agonistic behavior d) None of these
13) The period from the time a cell is produced until it completes mitosis is called the
a) Mitotic phase b) Cell cycle c) G 1 Phase d) Cytokinesos phase
14) The Organelles which are involved in cell cecretions are.
a) Ereticulum b) Golgi apparatus c) Mitochondira d) Centriole
15) Ornithology is the study of
a) Reptiles b) Aniphibia c) Birds d) Vertebrates
16) The first part of the binomial name of an animal is the.
a) Species b) Genus c) Family d) Order
17) Acoustic communication refers the use of
a) Sound b) Touch c) Chemical d) None of these
18) The study of movement of crustal plates during continental drift is called.
a) Historical geology b) Biogeography c) Anthropology d) Palte tectonic
19) A symbiotic relationship in which one member of the relationship benefits, and the second in neither helped nor harmed is called.
a) Parasttisim b) Commensalism c) Mutualisn d) All of these
20) The end products of fermentations are
a) Glucose / pyruvate b) Pyruvate / lactic acid c) LactiC acid / alcohol d) Alcohol / Glucose
Question # 3
Fill in the blanks:
1) …….. is the branch of science dealing with the composition of substances and reactions among these substances.
2) …… are non-membrane bound structures that are the sites for protein synthesis.
3) …… is a connective tissue in which a fluid called plasma suspends specialized red and white blood cells plus platelets.
4) Uptake of solid materials by plasma membrane is called ……..
5) The reactants of enzymatic reactions are called ……
6) Two types of organisms can carry out fermentation, obligate anaerobes and …… anaerobes.
7) The ……. is that period from the time a cell is produced until it completes mitosis.
8) …….. beings in unspecialized germ cells called spermatogonia.
9) The system Sex determination described for insect Protenor is called the ……..
10) ….. consists of DNA and histone proteins.
11) In the 1930, G.Beadle and E.Tatum studied the important the relationship between genes and ………
12) The synthesis of RNA molecule by DNA is called ………
13) Chromatin contain five different ……. protein
14) The base sequences UAA, UAG, UGA are all …….
15) …….. are changes in nucleotide sequences and may result form the replacement, addition, or deletion of nucleotide.
16) ……. are small, extrachromosomal circles of DNA the Occur naturally in bacteria.
17) The genetic code is a …….. code because of its remarkable constancy in virtually all life forms.
18) The study of the genetic eventsin gene pools is called ………
19) …… is the formation of new species.
20) …. produces changes in the behavior of an individual that are due to experience.
Attempt any Three of the following
Question # 4
What are multiple alleles?
Question # 5
How do temperature and PH affect enzyme function?
Question # 6
Write a brief note on oogenesis.
Question # 7
What are ca of Mutation?
Question # 8
What are sympatric, parapatric and allopartric speciation
Question # 9
Write a brief note on Altruism.
Attempt any one of the following
Question # 10
Define and explain translation
Question # 11
Describe structure and function of cell membranes