Past Paper Punjab University 2011 BSC Zoology Paper B Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper B 2011 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper B 2011 Past Paper.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB 2011
Subject: Zoology (BSC)
Time: 3 Hrs Paper: B
Question # 1
Encircling the correct one.
1) Liver fluke is found in the.
a) Liver an bile duct of man b) Intestine of man c) Liver and bile duct or sheep d) Intestine of sheep
2) Ciliated larvae of monogeneans are called.
a) Trochophore larva b) Onchamiracidium c) Muller’s larva d) Miracidium
3) The Rotifers derives their name from the characteristics ciliated organ.
a) Lorica b) Coruna c) Mastax d) All of those
4) The scientific name of common pin worm is.
a) Ascaris b) Enterobius c) W.banerofti d) Trichinella sprialis
5) Leeches belong to class.
a) Mongogenea b) Polychaeta c) oligochaeta d) Hirudinea
6) Earth worms are.
a) Monoeelous b) dioceious c) Asexual d) Parasites
7) Scorpian is the member of sub-phylum.
a) Chelicerata b) Crustaeea c) Uniramia d) Merostomata
8) Mating of spiders involves complex behaviors that include.
a) Chemical signals b) Visual signals c) Taetile signals d) All of these
9) Sliver fish belongs to order.
a) Diplura b)Thysanura c) Protura d) Collembola
10) The main exeretory product of cockroach is.
a) Ammonia b) Urea c) Uric acid d) Carbon
11) Ring canal is found in.
a) Matridium b) Syeon c) Cockroach d) Sea stars
12) Echinoderm is mostly related to the member of the phylum.
a) Arthropoda b) Cnidaria c) Chordata d) Mullusea
13) Lanceolet is the member of sub-phylum.
a) Cephalopoda b) Urochordata c) Hernichordata d) None of these
14) The nervous system of hemichordates is.
a) Epidermal b) Mesodermal c) Endoderm d) Hpodermal
15) Most adult lampreys prey upon other fishes and the larvae are.
a) Herbivores b) Detritivores c) Filter feeders d) Insectivores
16) These are common in amphibians.
a) Mimicry b) Cryptic colouration c) Aposematic coleuration d) An of these
17) Most snake venoms are.
a) Hemotoxic b) Neurotoxic c) Both a & b d) None of a & b
18) Tail of a bird during flight serves as.
a) Braking b) Steering c) Balancing d) All of these
20) The gestation period in elephant is.
a) 12 months b) 14 months c) 16 months d) 19 months
Question # 2
Fill in the blanks.
1) Predatory mammals have ……… teeth for killing and tearing prey.
2) Hoofs are the characteristics of …… mammals only.
3) Humming birds during night pass through a state called …….. with reduced body temperature and respiratory rate.
4) A fe birds species are ……. i.e. the females mate with more than one male.
5) Chameleons are adapted to ……. life styles and use a long sticky tongue to capture insects.
6) Venoms of coral snakes, cobras and sea snakes attach nerve centers and cause ………. paralysis.
7) The ears of anurans consist of a ……. middle ear and an inner ear.
8) The sound producing apparatus of frogs consists of larynx and its ……..
9) A fish regulates buoyancy by precisely controlling arlyme of gases in its ……..
10) Pie common name of chimaera is ………
11) Frogs, tad and salamanders belong to the class …….
12) Enhinoderm larvae are with ……. symmetry.
13) Aristotle’s lantern consists of about …….. ossicles.
14) In, insects, the thorax contains two pairs of ………. which are openings to the tracheal system.
15) Jumping insect e.g. grasshopper, usually have long, …….. legs
16) The epicuticle is made of waxy ……
17) The respiratory pigment in cray fish is ……..
18) In gastropods, gas exchange always involves ……cavity.
19) Some bivalves- b’ood their young to a modified veliger stage called a …… which is parasitic on fishes.
20) Respiratoryaastei of most annelids simply diffiused acroSS the ……
Question # 3
a) Assign larvae to the following animals/groups.
1) Sponges ……….. 2) Bivalves (mussels) …….. 3) Anurans …….. 4) Snails …… 5) Starfish ………
b) Assign tespiptorxsAuttures foihe following animals.
1) Hibernation frogs …… 2) Eel ……… 3) Sparrow ….. 4) Spider …….. 5) Leech ……..
c) Label the following diagrams as indicated.
Question # 4
Give brief answer to any ten of the following:
1) What are three kinds of a sexual preproduction in protozoa?
2) Give various stages in the life cycle of plasmodium?
3) What are the characteristics of proterostomes?
4) Give two salient features of class hirudinea.
5) Define swim bladder, give its functions.
6) What do you know about pheromones?
7) Diffecentiate percocial and altricial bitd
8) How do insects molt?
9) What are nematocysts? Give their functions.
10) Enlist the chambers present in frog’s heart.
11) How excretion indifferent from defecation?
12) Why is the uric acid an adaptive exeretory product for insects?
13) What is aestivation?
14) Name any three symbiotic life styles.
15) What do you know about echo location?
Question # 5
a) Describe canal system in porifera
b) State parasitic adaptations in platihelmenthes.
a) Characterize class osteichthyes.
b) Discuss Glands in mammals.
c) Write a note on parental care in reptiles.