Past Paper Punjab University 2013 BSC Zoology Paper C Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper C 2013 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper C 2013 Past Paper.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PUNJAB 2013
Subject: Zoology (BSC)
Time: 3 Hrs Paper: C
Question # 1
Tick mark the right answer.
1) Stratum corncum in mammals is made up of
a) Dermal cells b) Keratinized cells c) Hypodermal cells d) Columnar cells
2) Lampreys and hagfishes are
a) Jawed fishes b) Cartilaginous fishes c) Jawless fishes d) Bony fishes
3) Adaptation for support and movement on land occurred over a period of approximately
a) 50 million years b) 100 million years c) 200 million years d) 150 million years
4) Locornotors cilia and flageela occur in every animal phylum EXCEPT
a) Arthropoda b) Chordata c) Porifera d) Protozoa
5) The inflow of positively charged Na+ ions causes the membrane to go from -70 mV towards 0 which is known as
a) Repolarization b) Hyperpolarization c) Action potential d) Depolarization
6) The junction between the axon of one neuron and the dendrite of the other neuron is referred as
a) Synapse b) Cleavage c) Tight Junction d) Desmosome
7) Pineal gland is located in the
a) Telencephalon b) Midbrain c) Diencephalon d) Hindbrain
8) The touch receptors are also known as
a) Thermoreceptors b) Propriceptor c) Tactile receptors d) Chemorecptors
9) The tympanum first evolved in
a) Amphibians b) Fishes c) Reptiles d) Birds
10) In a wound mast cells secrete a substance that participates in inflammatory response is
a) Histamine b) Lumones c) Acetylcholine d) Pheromones
11) Most hormones are
a) Proteins b) Derivatives of amino acids c) Steroids d) All of the above
12) Luteinizing hormone (LH) is produced by
a) Anterior lobe of pituitary b) Posterior lobe of pituitary c) Thyroid d) Endometrium
14) The most numberous WBC are
a) Basophils b) Neutrophils c) Eosinophils d) Monocytes
15) In specific defense, which type of WBC may directly destroy antigens
a) Lymphocytes b) Monocytes c) Neutrophils d) Basophils
16) Natural killer cells are involved in
a) Highly phagocytic lymphocytes b) Stimulates the rapid division of lymphocytes c) Destruction of body cells infected with viruses, as well as cancer cells
d) Secretion of antibodies
17) Ruminant mammals made the herbivorous lifestyle more effective because gut microorganism produces
a) Cellulose b) Cellulase c) Amylase d) Pepsinogen
18) Pencreatic fluid containing many enzymes empties into the
a) Large intestine b) Gall bladder c) Pyloric stomach d) Small intestine
19) At night Rimming birds enter a sleep like state called
a) Hibernation b) Basking c) Daily torpor d) Estivation
20) Which group of mammals lay eggs
a) Monotremata b) I Vletatheria c) Eutheria d) All of the above
Question # 2
Write the precise answer.
1) Skull, vertebral column sternum and ribs made up the ……. skeleton.
2) rolycheate worm by the alternate movement of multiple limbs called ………
3) The …….. is a rod of mesodermally derived tissue encased in a firm sheath that lies ventral to the neural tube.
4) The distinct units of the compound eye are called as ……….
5) Thermoreceptors respond to change in the ……..
6) Anterior lobe of pituitary releases a hormone ……… that decreases the pain.
7) The study of endocrine gland and their hormones is called as ………
8) During hormone action, ATP is converted into a nucleotide ………. which becomes the second messenger.
9) Animals with open circulatory system have a circulating fluid known as ………..
10) During exhalation the abdominal muscles …….. pushing the abdominal organs against the diaphragm further increasing the pressure within the thoracic cavity.
11) Spiders respire through ……….
12) The organisms that can synthesize all their own complex molecules from simple inorganic substances are known as ………
13) A ……. is the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of Ig of water 1°C .
14) The strategy of removing suspend food particles from the surrounding water by some sort of capture, trapping or filtration structure refers to ………
15) ……. is the loss of heat from a surface as water molecules escape in the form of a gas.
16) Animals use four physical processes to exchange heat with the environment, evaporation, radiation, convection and ……….
17) ……. fat is a specialized type of fat found in newborn mammals, in mammals that live in cold climates and in mammals that hibernate.
18) ….. occurs, when an animal has both male and female reproductive system.
19) The …….. connects the placenta to the abdomen of the fetus.
20) After birth, during first days, the suckling baby receives ……. a high protein fluid.
Question # 3
Identify the diagram & Label its indicated parts.
Attempt any Three questions.
Write a note on the hydrostatic skeleton in invertebrates.
Question # 5
What is resting membrahe potential? Describe briefly.
Question # 6
Write a note External fertilization & internal fertilization.
Question # 7
Write short notes on baroreceptors & chemoreceptors.
Question # 8
Enlist different types of chemical messengers with brief description of each.
Attempt any One question.
Question # 9
Define systolic and diastolic pressure. Describe in detail the structure of human heart.
Question # 10
How does Metanephric kidney works. Explain the counter current exchange mechanism of water and scions.