Past Paper Punjab University 2016 BSC Computer Studies Paper A
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Computer Studies Paper A 2016 Computer Studies Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Computer Studies Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Computer Studies Paper A 2016 Past Paper.
Computer Studies PAPER: A Max.Marks:70
1 Question # 1 in Part – I and Question # 5 in Part- II are compulsory.
2. Attempt two of the remaining three questions in Part-I and Part-II.
Question # 1
Question No.1 (Do all parts of this question) (10)
Answer for all the parts in Question No. 1 must be written on the answer sheet. Write on the answer sheet the part number and your selected answer letter(e.g. A or B or C or D) against it. No need to write the question on answer sheet. Multiple Choice Questions: Choose the correct option. Only one option is correct. Cutting and overwriting in this question will be considered wrong.
1. Which of the following devices stores instructions that help the computer startup?
2. The computer can move data and instructions between storage and memory as needed, in a process called ………
3. Which of the following is not a modifier key?
4. When you press a key, this device notifies the system software.
(b) Keyboard controller
(c) Keyboard buffer
(d) Keyboard handler
5. An LCS Monitor uses crystals that, become opaque when …….. is applied.
6. In an magnetic disk drive, the read/write heads generate ……… in the iron particles on the storage medium.
(a) Polarized magnets
(b) Electromagnetic pulses
(c) Magnetic waves
(d) Magnetic fields
7. In a worksheet, a ……. is the intersection of a row and a column.
(a) Formula bar
8. What type of operating system allows multiple users to connect over the network to ‘a special server and work with their programs in separate session and allows each user to run multiple programs?
(a) Single-user/multiple computers
(b) Real time
9. A ….. is an agreed-upon format for transmitting data between two devises.
10. All of the following are strengths of the database approach except ………
(a) Less complexity
(b) Improve data integrity
(c) Easier access
(d) Reduced development time
Attempt any Two out of Question No.2, 3 and 4. All Questions carry equal marks.
Question # 2
(A) What are the different types of computer systems? Explain with examples. (7+5.5)
(B) How can the field of Information Technology help in enhancing the educatiOn standards?
Question # 3
(A)Which types of storage devices are used in a computer? (7+5.5)
(B) What are the different types of application software used for a home user.
Question # 4
(A) What is the importance of an operating system for a user and the computer. (7+5.5)
(B) What are the different types of operating systems?
Part-II Computer Programming (Max.Marks 35)
Question # 5
Q.No.5 Question No. 5 (Do all parts in this question) Answer for all the parts in Question No. 5 must be written on the answer sheet. Write on the answer sheet the part number and your selected answer letter (e.g, A or B or C or D) against it. No need to write the question on answer sheet. Multiple Choice Questions: Choose the correct option. Only one option is correct. Cutting and overwriting in this question will be considered wrong.
1. Machine language is ……..
(b) In binary
(c) Source code
(d) High level Language
2. An event is a (n).
(a) Activity performed by computer regularly
(b) Function that executes automatically
(c) Block of code in a program
3. What is the value of x after the following statements Dim x as Integer
X = 0
x = x + 30
4. Which of the following is a correct name of variable in VB?
(a) Vari Name
(c) Variable Name
(d) All of the above are correct
5. To display a message ……. function is used.
(a) Input box
6. A memory location that changes during project execution is known as a ……..
7. Which of the following reverses the Boolean value of a relational expression?
8. Which of the following returns True if A = 50 and B = 55.
(c) A <> B
9. The code that is used in a sub procedure to stop execution of a program is.
(a) Exit 2
(b) End With
(d) End Sub
10. The right side of an assignment operator will hold.
(a) A variable
(b) A constant
(c) an Expression
(d) all of Above
Attempt any Two out of Question No. 6,7 and 8. All question carry equal marks.
Question # 6
A) Briefly explain the difference between the following terms: (6+6.5)
1. Structured programming
2. Objective oriented programming
3. Visual Programming
B) Running on a particular treadmill you burn 3.9 calories per minute. Write a program that uses a loop to display the number of calories burned after 10, 15, 20 and 30 minutes.
Question # 7
A) A country club, which currently charges Rs. 2,500 per year for membership, has announced it will increase its membership fee by 4% each year for the next six years. Write a program that uses a loop to display the projected rates for the next six years. (6+6.5)
B) Write a VB 6 program that should take a positive number n as input. Your program should display the sum of all numbers between 1 and the number n.
Question # 8
A) Write a VB 6 program that should take 10 minutes from user and save it in any array. Your program should sort and then display these numbers in ascending order.
B) Write a program that asks the user to enter the amount that he or she has budgeted for a month. A loop should then prompt the user to enter each of his or her expenses for the month, and keep a running total. When the loop finishes, the program should display the amount that the user is over or under budget.