Past Paper Punjab University 2015 BSC Zoology Paper A Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper A 2015 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper A 2015 Past Paper.
Zoology PAPER: A Max.Marks:25
1. Cutting and overwriting is not allowed objective Part (Part – I).
2. In Part-I all questions are compulsory. Answer these questions on the question sheet only.
3. Answer any three (3) questions from Part-II and any one question from Part-III.
4. Answer the questions of Part — II and Part — III on separate Answer sheet provided.
Question # 1
Make TRUE and FALSE statements. Give correct statement if it is false.
Question # 2
Choose the best choice for the statement by encircling from multiple choices given below. (1/2 x 20 = 10)
1. The amount of matter in an object is referred to as its …………
(c) Atomic number
(d) Atomic mass
2. The ability of the plasma membrane to let some substances in and keep others out is called:
(h) Selective Dermeability
(c) Facilitated diffusion
3. Because plants capture solar energy they are termed ……….. consumers.
4. Which of the following occurs in the cytoplasm?
(c) Electron transport chain
(d) Both a and b
5. Chromosome replication occurs during the ……….. of mitosis.
(a) G1 phase
(b) G2 phase
(c) S phase
6. The era of modern genetics began with the rediscovery of the works of ……… in 1900.
(a) Gregor Mendel
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Thomas Morgan
(d) James Watson and Francis Crick
7. An association of DNA and histone proteins is responsible for packaging DNA into chromosomes. This combination is called a (n) ……..
8. A DNA nucleotide consist of all of the following EXCEPT ………
(a) A base
9. A adaptation is any characteristic of an organism that ……….
(a) Makes the organism stronger
(B) Makes the organism faster
(c) Makes the organism better able to reproduce in its particular environment
(d) Both a and b are correct
10. The explanation of why fossils of horses occur in South America even though there were no horses in South America at the time America was settled is found in the
study called ……….
11. A change in the frequency of alleles in a population is a definition of ………
(a) Natural selection
(b) Genetic drift
(d) Gene flow
12. When chance events increase or decrease the frequeneis of genes in a population …….. has occurred.
(a) Genetic drift
(b) Natural selection
(C) Random mating
(d) Gene flow
13. The study of animal behavior that focuses on evolution and the iatural environment is ………
(a) Comparative psychology
(c) Behavioral ecology
14. ……. emphasizes the ecological aspects of animal behavior involved with predator-prey ractions, foraging strategies, and habitat selection.
(a) Comparative psychology
(c) Behavioral Ecology
15. For an aquatic animal, the amount of oxygen dissolved in the water may determine where the animal can live. For this animal, dissolved oxygen is a/an …….
(a) Tolerance factor
(c) Limiting factor
(d) Optimum factor
16. A symbiotic relationship in which one member of a relationship benefits and the second member is neither helped nor harmed is ………
17. All populations living in an area make up a/an ………
18. A community and its physical surroundings make up a/an …..
19. The mitotic spindle disassembles during what phase of mitosis?
20. The microtubules of the mitotic spindle are attached to the
(d) All of the above
Question # 3
Fill in the blanks. (1/2 X 20 = 10)
1. …….. is the relationship between biotic and abiotic factors.
2. Continues use of fossil fuels add more …….. to the atmosphere.
3. Study of classification and evolutionary relationships among animal groups called ………
4. Phospholipids have ……. tails which are water-fearing.
5. Plasma membrane is …….
6. Engulfing of solid.material by cell is called ………
7. Inner membrane of mitochondria show infalds, known as ……….
8. …….. is a connective tissue in which plasma suspends cells.
9. ……… is that period from the time a cell is produced until it complete mitosis.
10. …… is a specific DNA sequience of about 220 nucleotides and to which sister chromatids are attached.
11. Shortening of microtubules occurs in …… phase of cell division and chromosomes detach from its copy and move towards it respective pole.
12. AUG is the ….. codon.
13. The layer which gives rise to supportive, contractile and blood cells called ………
14. A change in allele frequency in a population over time is called ………
15. The atomic weight of an element is the number of …….. in its nucleus.
16. ……. bond forms by the sharing of electrons?
17. …….. bonds form when an atom or group of atoms develops an electrical charge and attracts an atom or group of atoms with an opposite charge.
18. Distilled water has a pH of ……..
19. The key element in all organic molecules is ……..
20. Substances that resist a change in pH are called ……….
Zoology PAPER: A Max.Marks:20
Attempt this Paper on Separate Answer Sheet provided.
Answer any three questions from the following (4×3=12)
1. Write a note on cell cycle.
2. Enlist various methods of movement of material across plasma membrane. Explain simple and.facilitated diffusion.
3. What is the difference between oogenesis and spermatogenesis?
4. Define and explain Mendel Principal of Segregation.
5. How do enzymes work?
6. Write a short note on the structure of nucleus.
Attempt any one question from the following: (8)
1. Explain mitotic cell division with the help of diagram.
2. Explain structure and function of mitochondria.