Past Paper Punjab University 2016 BSC Computer Studies Paper A
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Computer Studies Paper A 2016 Computer Studies Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Computer Studies Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Computer Studies Paper A 2016 Past Paper.
Computer Studies PAPER: A Max.Marks:70
– Question # 1 in Part-I and Question # 5 in Part-II are compulsory.
– Attempt TWO of the remaining THREE, questions in Part-I and Part-II.
Question # 1
(Do all parts in this question) (10 marks)
Answer for all the parts in Question # 1 must be written on the answer sheet. Write on the answer sheet the part number and your selected answer letter (e.g. A or B or C or D) against it. No need to write the question on answer sheet.
Multiple choice questions: choose the correct option. Only one option is correct. Cutting and overwriting in this, question will be considered wrong.
1. You can use this output device when you need to send information to other computer.
2. Which of the following memory has shortest access time?
(a) Virtual Memory
3. Which of the following memory needs refresh?
(d) All of these
4. A CPU that is following a series of steps to complete an instruction is using ……… technology.
5. The Process of preparing a disk’s surface for storage is called ……….
6. Which type of software is used for creating slide shows?
(a) Web design software
(b) Presentation software
(c) Word-processing software
(d) Spread-sheet software
7. The operating system manages ………
(c) Hard disk
(d) B and C
8. A (n) ……. enables a modem to determine whether data has been corrupted and to request that it be retransmitted.
(a) TCP protocol
(b) File transfer protocol
(c) Internet protocol
(d) Error-protection protocol
9. Which of the following is a network that extends over a large geographical area?
10. In some tables, the primary key consists of multiple fields, called a ………
(a) Composite key
(b) Secondary key
(c) Key field
Attempt any TWO out of Question # 2,3 and 4. All questions carry equal marks.
Question # 2
a) How does internet facilitate to keep you connected with your friends? 6.5
b) What is a web server and how does we access a webpage hosted on a particular web server? 6
Question # 3
a) Which operating systems are used in handheld devices? Explain the facilities they provide to the users. 6.5
b) What are the different output devices a home user may use in his or her computer? 6
Question # 4
a) How does database facilitate a businessman to access their business record efficiently? 6.5
b) Why do we need to use antivirus software? Write the names some antivirus software. 6
Question # 5
(Do all parts in this question). (10)
Answer for all the parts in Question # 5 must be written on the answer sheet. Write on the answer sheet the part number and your selected answer letter (e.g. A or B or C or 11) again.st it. No need to write the question on answer sheet.
Multiple choice questions: choose the correct option. Only one option is correct. Cutting and overwriting in this question will be considered wrong.
1. The step by step procedure to solve a problem is called ……….
(a) Programming Language
2. List of commands such as Open. Print and Exit can be found on ……..
(c) Solution Explorer
(d) Menu Bar
3. Properties are …….. of a control.
4. If a declaration statement does not specify a data type, it is declared as.
5. In an If statement when the condition is true?
(a) Only the Else clause is executed
(b) Only the Else If clause is executed
(c) Only the End If statement is executed
(d) Only the Then clause is executed
6. In Visual Basic, a text box is an example of ………
7. Checking to verify that appropriate values have been entered for a text box is called.
(b) A MsgBox
(c) An Input Box
(d) A Watch Expression
8. Which of the following returns True if .A = 15 and B = 15:
(b) A B
9. What is the default lower bound of an Array:
(d) Any value
10. Which Of the following is a valid data type in VB?
Attempt any TWO out of Question # 6,7 and 8. All questions carry equal marks.
Question # 6
a) How many types of controls are available in Visual Basic 6.0? 6
b) Write a program that inputs two positive numbers and display all even numbers between these two numbers. 6.5
Question # 7
a) Write a VB 6 program that should take a positive number n input from the user and display such three numbers whose average is equal to n. 6
b) A baker announces the price of a cake as Rs. 200 per pound for the current month, he has also announced that the price of a similar cake will be increased by 2% each month for the next four months. Write a program that uses a loop to display the projected rates of 1,2 and 3 pound cakes for the next four months. 6.5
Question # 8
a) Write a program that will predict the size of a population of organisms. The program should ask the user for the starting number of organisms, their average daily population increase (as a percentage), and the number of days they will multiply. A loop should display the size of the population for each day. 6
b) Write a VB 6 program that asks a cricket-scorer to enter the runs made by Shahid Afridi in the each of T20 cricket match he has played in the last year. A loop should be used to enter the runs for each match, and keep a running total. When the loop finishes, the program should display the total runs made by Shahid Afridi in the last year, your program should also displays the number of centuries scored by him. 6.5