Past Paper Punjab University 2016 BSC Zoology Paper A Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper A 2016 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper A 2016 Past Paper.
Zoology PAPER: A Max.Marks:25
1. Cutting and overwriting is not allowed in objective part (part-I)
2. In Part-I all questions are compulsory. Answer these questions on the questions sheet only.
3. Answer any three (3) questions from part – II and any one question from Part – III.
4. Answer the questions of Part II and Part – III on a separate Answer sheet proyided.
Question # 1
Mark TRUE and FALSE statements. Give correct statement if it is false. 1/2×10=5
Question # 2
Choose the best option for the statements given below.
1. Study of birds is called
2. Which one is not the function of plasma membrane
(a) Selective permeability
(d) cell lysis
3. Which of the following is not a type of chemical bond?
4. Which of the following is not a definition of pH?
(a) pH = -log[H+] (b) pH = log(l/H+)
(c) A measure of the hydrogen ion concentration
(d) A measure of the hydroxyl ion concentration
5. Lactose is made up of …… and ……..
(a) Glucose and galactose
(b) Glucose and fructose
(c) Glucose and glucose
(d) Maltose and glucose
6. All eukaryotic cells have three basic parts. Which of the following is not a basic part of a typical eukaryotic cell?
(c) Plasma membrane
7. The bulk movement of material into a cell by the formation of a vesicle is called
(a) Simple diffusion
(b) Facilitated diffusion
8. Which of the following is not found within a mitochondrion?
9. Chemical reactions that occur spontaneously are called ………
(d) Positive reactions
10. When a substrate molecule binds to an enzyme’s active site ……. forms
(c) Enzyme-substrate complex
11. From an evolutionary perspective the oldest mode of generating energy is
(a) Substrate-level phosphorylation.
(c) Oxidative phosphorylation
(d) Direct energy transfers
12. Whidfi of the following occurs in the cytoplasm?
(c) Electron transport chain
(d) Both a and b
13. Aerobic respiration occurs in the
14. The Krebs cycle generates …… NADHs.
15. Reactions of the Krebs cycle occur in the mitochondrial ……..
(b) Outer membrane
(c) Inner membrane
16. Most of the cell cycle is occupied by the …………
(a) G1 phase
(b) G2 phase
(c) S phase
17. Chromosomes become visible with the light microscope during ………… phase.
18. The fusion of gametes is called …….
(c) Crossing over
(d) Genetic recombination
19. The visual expression that results from the genetic make up of an individual is called the ……….
20. The idea that pairs of factors segregate independently of one another during gamete formation is known as the ………….
(a) Principle of independent assortment
(b) Principle of independent assortment
(c) Hardy-Weinberg principle
(d) Law of the gene
Question # 3
Fill in the blanks. 1/2×20=10
1. Study of structure and function of …… is called Cytology
2. In 1972 …….. and ……. determined the fluid mosaic model of plasma membrane.
3. Chromosome are made up of …….. and protein.
4. In Protenor the somatic cells of males have …….
5. Chromosomes are present in sets and expressed as ……..
6. In ……. phase the chromatids begin to align in the center of cell.
7. …….chromosomes carry genes for the same that
8. …….. is the start codon.
9. Addition or deletion of one or more chromosome is called ……….
10. (2N-1) is referred to as ………..
11. …… is equal to the number of proton and neutron in atom’s nucleus.
12. The electrons are present around the nucleus called ……..
13. Disulfide borid is represented by ………
14. Carbohydrates consisting of many monosaccharides are called ……….
15. In phospholipids the hydrophilic region makes the ……….
16. …….. are the building blocks of proteins.
17. …….. is the universal energy currency of all cells.
18. When ATP is broken down in ADP ……. amount of energy as released.
19. Animais living in …….. fermentation.
20. ……. helps regulate metabolism and maintain homeostasis within organisms.
Zoology PAPER: A Max.Marks:20
Attempt this Paper on Separate Answer Sheet provided.
Question # 4
Attempt any three of the following: 4+4+4=12
a. What is speciation? Explain sympateric parapatric and allopatric species?
b. Briefly explain Nitrogen cycle?
c. Define and explain law of segregation with the help of example from Drosophila melanogaster.
d. Movement across plasma Membranes
f. pH: Measuring acidity and alkalinity
Question # 5
Attempt any one from the following 8
1. Write a note on Structure and function of enzyme also enlist factors affecting enzyme activity.
2. Describe and compare the meiotic and mitotic cell division.