Past Paper Punjab University 2016 BSC Zoology Paper C Zoology
Welcome to Taleem E Pakistan BSC Zoology Paper C 2016 Zoology Punjab University Section, the largest collection of PU Zoology Past Papers, that provides to the educational needs of all students to enable them to study at their own way. Scroll down to watch Punjab University BSC Zoology Paper C 2016 Past Paper.
Zoology PAPER: C Max.Marks:25
1. Cutting and overwriting is not allowed in objective part (Part-I)
2. In Part-I all questions are compulsory. Answer these questions on the questions sheet only.
3. Answer any three questions from part – II and ONE question from Part — Ill on separate answer sheet provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Attempt Part-I in the given time of 1 hour and hand over to the Centre Superintendent. The Centre Superintendent will provide you Answer sheet for Part-II and Part-III.
For Part-1 Time Allowed: 1 hr & Max. Marks:25
Question # 1
Multiple Choice Questions (Tick mark the right answer) 0.5X20=10
1. Stratum corneum in mammals is made up of:
a. Dermal cell
b. Keratinized cells
c. Hypodermal cells
d. Columnar cells
2. Which of the following is the functional (contractile) unit of a myofibril that extends from one Z line to another Z:
3. Adaptation for support and movement on land occurred over a period of approximately:
a. 50 million years
b. 200 million years
c. 100 million years
d. 150 million years
4. Which of the following germ layers grow over the embryo to meet dorsally making inner amnion and an outer chorion:
d. Both a and b
5. The inflow of positively charged Na+ions causes the membrane to go from -70 mV towards 0 which is known as:
c. Action potential
6. Pigments (e.g., melanin in human skin) are within:
a. The cells of the epidermal layer
d. All of above
7. Pineal gland is located in the:
8. Reptiles and birds have taste buds:
a. On tongue
b. In the oesophagus
c. In the pharynx
d. All of the above
9. The tympanum first evolved in:
10. The thymus gland is located near the:
11. Most hormones are:
b. Derivatives of amino acids
d. All of the above
12. The secreted chemicals by which white blood cells communicate with each other are called as:
13. Parathormone regulates the concentration of:
14. Helper T Cells stimulate:
a. Rapid division of lymphocytes
b. Destroy body cells infected with virus
c. Stop immune response
d. Phagocytic lymphocyte
15. In specific defense, which type of WBC may directly destroy antigens:
16. Which of the following coenzyme is needed for the metabolism of amino acids and fatty acids and for the synthesis of nucleic acids:
c. Ascorbic acid
17. Ruminant mammals made the herbivorous lifestyle more effective because gut microorganism produces:
18. Excretion through Malpighian tubules involves active transport of which ions into the tubules from the surrounding blood:
d. All of above
19. At night humming birds enter a sleep like state called:
b. Daily torpor
20. The second polar body will form:
a. After fertilization with a sperm
b. As the result of meiosis I
c. Regardless of whether fertilization takes place or not
d. In the ovary
Question # 2
Write the precise answer in the blanks provided. 0.5×20=10
1. Within millisecond of penetration of egg by a sperm, ………. makes the plasma membrane unresponsive to other sperm.
2. The region of the egg that contains less yolk, more mitochondria and more ribosomes refers to ……….
3. In the skin of the cartilaginous fishes, the dermis contains bone in the form of small placoid scales called ………
4: Since cartilage is lighter than bone, it gives predatory fishes the speed and agility to catch prey and also provides buoyancy without the need for a ……..
5. The motor neuron has many short, thread-like branches called ……. which are actually extensions of the cell body and conduct signals towards the cell body.
6. In a chemical synapse, two cells communicate by means of a chemical agent called a ……….. which the presynaptic neuron releases.
7. statocysts consist of a fluid-filled chamber lined with cilia-bearing sensory epithelium; within the chamber is a solid granule called a ………
8. In arthropods, compounds eyes consist of a few to many distinct units called ……….
9. In nematodes, the neuropeptide released after a new cuticle is produced, stimulates the excretory gland to secrete an enzyme …….. into the space between the old and new cuticle that causes the old cuticle to split and be shed.
10. In many fishes, amphibians, and reptiles ………. from the pineal gland control variations in skin color.
11. Hemoglobin also carries waste carbon dioxide in the form of …….. from the tissues to the lungs (or gills) for removal from the body.
12. The heart of an average adult beats about ……. per minute.
13. ……. includes all of those processes by which an animal takes in, digests, absorbs, stores, and uses food (nutrients) to meet its metabolic needs.
14. The unsaturated fatty acids e.g. inoleic acids, linolenic acids, and arachidonic acid act as precursor molecules for the synthesis of sterols, the most common of which is ……….
15. Herbivores spend more time eating than carnivores do and both are …….. feeders.
16. The only mammals that feed exclusively on blood are the ………
17. The …….. is the temperature regulating center that fu tctions as a thermostat with a fixed set point.
18. The filtration device of the metanephric kidney consists of over one million individual filtration, secretion, and absorption structures called ……….
19. The acrosome of the sperm, contains an enzyme called ……… that assists the sperm in penetrating the outer layer surrounding a secondary oocyte.
20. The paired tubes that receive the secondary oocyte from the ovary and convey it to the uterus are called either the ………..
Question # 3
Identify the diagram and label its indicated parts. 0.5×10 = 5
Zoology PAPER: C Max.Marks:20
Answer the questions of Part 8 Part III on Separate Answer Sheet Provided.
Attempt any THREE questions of the following: 3×4=12
Question # 4
Write a note on membrane and cortical events during Egg activation in zygote.
Question # 5
What is resting membrane potential? Describe briefly.
Question # 6
Write a note on locomotion of soft-bodied invertebrates.
Question # 7
Write short notes on baroreceptors and chemo receptors.
Question # 8
What hormones cause a tadpole to metamorphose into a frog.
Attempt any ONE question: 8
Question # 9
Define closed circulatory system. Give a comprehensive account of vertebrate blood vessels.
Question # 10
How does Metanephric kidney works. Explain the counter current exchange mechanism of water and ions.