Past Papers 2016 Lahore Board 9th Class English Objective Group 2
English (Compulsory) Lahore Board 2016 Group – II
Time: 20 Min. Objective Type Marks: 19
Note: Four possible answers A, B, C and D to each question are given. The choice which you think is correct, fill that circle in front of that question with Marker or Pen ink in the answer-book. Cutting or filling two or more circles will result in zero mark in that question.
Question # 1
Choose the correct form of verb and fill up the bubbles sheet
- The sun _______ in the east
- She _______ since morning
(C) Has played
(D) Has been playing
- She _______ her cat very much
(D) Has been loving
- I _______ here for two hours
(B) Have been waiting
- He _______ newspapers for living
(D) Will sold
Choose the word with correct spelling and fill up the bubbles sheet
- (A) Confuseon (B) Confusion (C) Konfusion (D) Canfusion
- (A) Invesion (B) Envasion (C) Inviseon (D) Invasion
- (A) Intertain (B) Entertain (C) Entirtain (D) Intertaen
- (A) Diffecult (B) Dificult (C) Difficult (D) Defficutt
Choose the correct meaning of the underlined word and fill up the bubbles sheet
- Media plays a very constructive role in society.
- Detect means
(A) To find out
(C) Looking for
(D) Look into
- She simply posed a counter question that infuriated Abu Jehl.
- Abu Jehl began knocking the door violently.
- Devotion means
(C) Easy to know
(D) Difficult to know
Choose the correct option according to the grammar and fill up the bubbles sheet
- He is fond of cooking.
(A) Present participle
(D) Past participle
- Some are born great. The underlined word is a / an
- Possessive pronoun
- Indefinite pronoun
- Reflexive pronoun
- Personal pronoun
17. You _____ be punctual.
(A) Ought to
18. I heard a noise _____ from behind the room
(D) Will come
19. My mother becomes _________ if I get home late.