Past Papers 2016 Lahore Board 9th Class English Subjective Group 1
English (Compulsory) Lahore Board 2016 Group – I
Time: 2.10 hrs Essay Type Marks: 56
SECTION – I
Question # 2
Answer any FIVE of the following questions: 10
- Who was Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair (R.A)?
- What is the most important function that media performs?
- I Where is Makkah situated?
- Why Sultan Ahmad Mosque is also known as Blue Mosque,
- How much confidence did Quaid-e-Azam have in his nation?
- What is an ICU in a hospital?
- What are the effects of drug addiction?
- How do you define noise pollution?
SECTION – II
Question # 3
Translate any two of the following paragraphs into Urdu 4, 4
- In the fifth and sixth centuries, mankind stood on :he verge of chaos. It seemed that the civilization which had taken four thousand years to grow had started crumbling At this point in time. Allah Almighty raised a prophet from among themselves who was to lift the .ritanity from their ignorance into the light of faith.
- The most important element In the interior of the mosque Is the mehrab, which is made of finely carved marble. To the right of the mehrab is a richly decorated pulpit. The mosque is so designed that even when it is most crowded everyone in the mosque can hear and see the Imam
- Noise pollution is a serious issue a. needs more attention at local and state level People must develop more awareness about the dangerous impact of noise on human health It is therefore, a need to acquire more civic sense and responsible attitude to avoid the unnecessary use of this irritant in the environment
Rewrite any two above paragraphs into simple English.
Question # 4
Write down the summary of the poem “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost. 5
Paraphrase the following lines into simple English with reference to the context
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills.
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils
Question # 5
Use any FIVE of the following words/phrases/idioms in your sentences 5
(i) bits and pieces (ii) responsible (iii) care (iv) request impact (vi) strength (vii) sacrifice (viii) prosperity
Question # 6
Write a letter to your mother about the test youhave just taken. 8
Write a story with the moral “It never pays to over-reach yourself.
Write a dialogue between a teacher and a student regarding ‘punctuality.
Question # 7
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given at the end: 10
One day a girl found a coin. It rolled away before her broom when she was sweeping the yard, and fell with a little clatter against the wall. She ran and picked it up. Someone had dropped it while crossing the yard and perhaps had not even troubled to look for it. It was worth little. But is seemed a whole fortune to her, who never had anything of her own before. She rubbed it clean on the sleeve of her blue cotton jacket and put it into her pocket.
- What did the girl find?
- When did she find it?
- How had the coin been dropped there?
- What was the worth of the coin?
- Why was it a whole fortune for her?
Question # 8
Translate any FIVE of the following sentences into English 5
Exclusively for candidates whose Medium of Examination is English (Question – 8 Alternative to Urdu Translation)
Question # 8
Write TEN sentences about ”Girl Guide”. 5
Question # 9
Change the voice of the following: 5
- We use milk for making cheese.
- The driver opened the door of the car.
- The boy is climbing the wall.
- We shall have killed the snake.
(v) Why did she write such a letter?